Tuesday, October 6

Punk Kids with their Music and Stickers and Make-Out Parties and Myspace.com

http://www.kfoxtv.com/news/21211677/detail.html

So some 10-year old kid with a "behavioral disorder" got a $260 ticket from police for disrupting his class. He fell asleep, and when he was woken up by the teacher, became all sorts of crazy. You should read the article, the mom's got some gems for quotes.

I wonder what this behavioral disorder is. I mean, it must be rough, falling asleep in class, getting angry when being woke up. Laying down on the ground and refusing to get up. Oh, right, it's called "Jimmy needs to be bitch-slapped" syndrome. Come on. I fell asleep in class before. I am also grumpy as shit when someone tries to make me wake up. Doesn't mean I need to be restrained or will lie down on the floor and refuse to get up in school.

I might be wrong. This kid could have some real behavioral issues. But I feel like half the time the parent shrugs when the kid's got issues and gives him some Ritalin, because it's the easy way out. And when the kid acts out, it's a big "I can't discipline him, it's not his fault". You get your ass back into parenthood mode and break out a leather belt.

"She said her son was going to have to enter a plea, but she said he would not understand what a plea is."

See? He "would not" understand. It's not that he couldn't figure it out, he just didn't feel like it. Hey Champ, you better figure out that the proper response is "not guilty". I got a feeling you'll be using it a lot in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment