Wednesday, October 28

I Hate New Social Technology

Okay, so sometimes I suck at blogging. At least, keeping up with the blogging Joneses. It's been like 3 weeks or something since I posted anything, so I'll be surprised if anyone reads this. But this all relates back to my current hatred for new social technologies. Twitter and Facebook are my enemies. This is the stupid shit that people are obsessed with that I can't stand, but each for separate reasons.

Twitter: Who gives a shit that you're currently making a ham and cheese sandwich? I don't. And if I hear about another athlete that tweets during halftime I'm going to throw up. What, can't go your busy work-day of being a pro athlete without updating people? Guess what? I know exactly what you're doing right now. How? Because I'm watching you on TV.
Facebook: Stop posting pictures of me when I'm drunk. I don't have the time or inclination to go through and de-tag myself from all these pictures. Here's what I'm going to do to the next person who posts a drunk picture of me. I'm going to find a good embarrassing picture of you, make a ton of copies, and mail them to your family, friends, and coworkers. Oh, and stop sending me stupid fucking hearts and shit. Like, that shit is meaningless. And I supposed to feel a twinge of guilt if I don't poke you back or something? Finally, if we're not communicating on a consistent basis, there's probably 2 reasons: (1) is that I don't care what you're up to, and (2) is that you don't care what I'm up to. So writing me on facebook is not suddenly going to relight our friendship. I call shenanigans on the whole thing.

New rule. Here's the only methods of communication that I will be accepting going forward:
  • Email
  • Phone Call
  • Text Message
  • Post to my blog
  • Come talk to me in person
  • Carrier Pigeon
I know this train of thought may seem contradictory to the idea of having a blog, but it's not. I post on this when I want and requires nothing from the end user (you). You don't have to reply or anything. just go about your daily life, livin' the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment